Information for Landlords
The following file is the administrative plan for the Housing Choice Voucher program:
Benefits of being a Section 8-HCV Landlord
- Free advertisement of available rental units.
- On time electronic monthly payments
- Free annual/biennial inspections of your units
- Higher number of tenants
- Less turnover
- You screen your own tenants
- Tenants who are held accountable for repairing damages
- You will have the opportunity to help the elderly, persons with disabilities and families with low incomes
Section 8 tenants have an added incentive to play nice according to the rules. It's not easy to qualify for subsidized housing. There is a long waiting list and strict requirements to meet. The last thing a sensible Housing Voucher recipient will want to do is to chalk up a poor rental or eviction record and risk losing his or her precious Housing Assistance. Once participant families find a good place to live, they tend to stay, which translates to less turnover. As a result, landlords have fewer operating costs and are able to make more of a profit.
How does it work?
- Advertise your rental properties by email (email@example.com) or phone (270-393-3715).
- When perspective HCV tenant wants to rent from you, screen them to make sure they are suitable to be your renters
- If you agree to lease to them, you must obtain and complete the Request for Tenancy Form provided by the tenant.
- Housing Division checks to make sure the family can afford the rent and that the rent is reasonable.
- Inspection is scheduled for your rental unit to ensure it meets program standards.
- When your unit had passed inspection, you will execute the lease with your tenant and the Housing Division will mail you a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract for your signature.
- Family moves in.
- The family pays its portion of the rent directly to you and the Housing Division pays the remainder of the rent directly to you through direct bank deposit.
- Housing Division continues to pay the remainder of the rent as long as the participant family lives in your unit and family is eligible for the housing assistance program.
- Receive payments through ACH Payment Enrollment, Tax ID & Certification.
- You can now rent to Section 8 tenants!
Post Available Rental Property for Free
If you have available rental property and you want to participate in Housing Choice Voucher program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-393-3621. You will need to provide the following information:
- Unit Address
- Amount of Rent/Security Deposit
- Unit Type
- Number of Bedrooms/Bathrooms
- Other Included Amenities
- Utilities Paid by Owner
- Appliances Included with Unit
- Whether Maintenance/Manager on-site.
A free service allowing landlords to post available units across the state, including unit information to assist families to determine what unit may suit their needs.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.