Code Compliance & Animal Protection
The Code Compliance & Animal Protection Division safeguards the health, welfare and safety of our citizens by actively upholding property maintenance requirements and animal welfare laws. Well-maintained residential neighborhoods, commercial districts and agricultural areas help make Bowling Green the best place to live, work and play.
The objective of Code Officials is to achieve compliance in our neighborhoods through education, outreach, cooperation, community involvement and enforcement. By identifying and inspecting unsafe, unsanitary and substandard housing, as well as nuisance property and animal protection conditions this Division maintains, improves and safeguards the quality of life in our city. Animal Control Officers uphold local and state laws pertaining to animal care, cruelty and health of domesticated animals, and respond to calls of vicious animals, animals endangering the public, animal bite cases, and animal nuisances in general.
Code violations may be reported online, by phone or are observed by Officials during regular roaming inspections as well as targeted enforcement and neighborhood improvement zones. Animal concerns can be reported by calling 270-393-4000 24-hours a day.
Frequently identified code violations include, but are not limited to:
- Overgrown grass/weeds (exceeding 10 inches)
- Inoperable/junk vehicles
- Improper parking on private property
- Outdoor storage and accumulation of tires
- Missing or inadequate address numbers
- Exterior use of indoor furniture
- Accumulated and scattered garbage, failure to maintain sanitation
- Clogged gutters, standing or stagnant water, failure to maintain pools
Code Compliance & Animal Protection Staff
- Brad Schargorodski – Division Manager – Brad.Schargorodski@bgky.org
- Tabitha Joiner – Division Support Specialist – Tabitha.Joiner@bgky.org
- Jarrod Poteet – Code Official – Jarrod.Poteet@bgky.org
- Moe Hillard – Code Official – Moe.Hillard@bgky.org
- Katja Ford – Animal Control Officer – Katja.Ford@bgky.org
- Mary Hudson – Animal Control Officer – Mary.Hudson@bgky.org
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.