2019 Classified (full-time) Personnel Policy Manual Changes - Draft Version
May 22, 2019
The draft version of the Administratiive Personnel Policy and Procedures Manual for classified (full-time) employees. The manual with changes marked has been posted on the CLICK under Documents - Human Resources - Policy Changes - 2019 Classified Personnel Policy Manual changes - DRAFT Version. The changes, once approved by the Board of Commissioners, will be effective July 1, 2019.
2019 Sick Leave Bank Policies and Procedures Changes - DRAFT
May 22, 2019
Draft version of the Sick Leave Bank Policies and Procedures changes. Once changes are approved by the Board of Commissioners, the policy will go into effect July 1, 2019.
Mar 27, 2019
Beginning in July of 2019, the City of Bowling Green will highlight an employee each quarter who goes above and beyond the everyday scope of their responsibilities, provides an outstanding community service, or has particularly excelled in the execution of a job duty such as customer service, producing high quality work, implementing a new system or accomplishing a noteworthy achievement.
Employees will be nominated by their peers using the official online form.
Spotlight Employees will be recognized in our internal monthly newsletter Personnelities with a picture and article including “fun facts” as well as being recognized on the City’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
In addition, Spotlight employees and one guest will be invited each quarter to join the City Manager and Mayor for their choice of a coffee, tea or pop works ice cream at Spencer’s Coffee.
Fun fact questions will be the same for each Spotlight Employee and are as follows:
- What is your dream car?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you have any hobbies
- What is your favorite movie or book?
- What is one food that you will never eat?
- Are you artistic?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- Which superhuman power do you wish you had?
- Do you have a favorite season?
Following Finance - Spring FY2019
Mar 7, 2019
The Spring issue of the Following Finance newsletter is now available on the Click and OnBase at BGKY - Newsletters.
- City Hall Annex Visitor Policy
- Purchasing Policies & Procedures Updates
- Upcoming Training Opportunities: Purchasing / AP Review, Taxable Benefits Review, Year-End Prep
- New login information to view City capital assets
Please contact Erin Ballou with any questions.
Benefits FAQ 2019
Dec 28, 2018
1. Who is MedBen?
MedBen will be the City of Bowling Green’s Third Party Administrator effective January 1, 2019. They are replacing Meritain Health.
2. When will I receive new insurance cards?
MedBen mailed new insurance cards to members Thursday, 12/13/18.
3. What if I have not received a new insurance card?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional cards.
4. What if my information is incorrect on my card?
Contact email@example.com to request additional cards.
5. When will I receive my new FSA (flexible Spending Card)?
Cards will be mailed on the week of January 14, 2019.
6. Will there be a new provider network for the medical plan?
Yes, MedBen will be using the Cigna network – The network link is https://hcpdirectory.cigna.com/web/public/providers , indicate the plan as a PPO plan, then type in the name of a facility, provider, etc. in the search bar.
7. How do I contact MedBen?
- Website: www.medben.com
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service: (800) 686-8425 (M-F, 8 AM – 6:30PM EST)
8. How do I contact MedBen Pharmacy Benefits Manager?
Ventegra serves as your pharmacy benefits manager.
- Retail Website: www.ventegra.net
- Retail Customer Service: (855) 355-3015
- Mail Order Website: www.medvantx.com
- Mail Order RX Customer Service(866) 744-0621
9. Who is our Specialty Pharmacy?
Costco Specialty Pharmacy
10. Will there be a new provider network for the dental plan?
The City will not have a dental network. Employees can utilize any licensed dental provider.
11. Will there be a new provider network for the vision plan?
The City will not have a vision network. Employees can utilize any licensed vision provider.
12. Will there be a change to employee premiums?
No, the City of Bowling Green’s Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums will remain the same for 2019.
13. What about claims with a service date prior to 01/01/2019?
Meritain Health will process run-out claims (Medical, FSA, Vision, and Dental claims incurred prior to 12/31/2018) for the City of Bowling through 06/30/2019.
14. Will there be any changes to Flexible Spending Accounts?
Yes, the minimum contribution for 2019 is $240, the maximum is $2650.
15. Is there any change to the Flexible Spending rollover amount?
No, Flexible Spending rollover amount remains the same - $500
16. Is there any changes to the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts?
No changes for 2019.
17. Are there any changes to the Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)?
Yes, effective January 1, 2019 the Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) will reimburse office visits as a covered medical expense. This will not include co-pays (Emergency Room). The new guideline does not include any 2017 or 2018 claims.
Prescription, Co-pays, Dental, and Vision expenses will remain excluded from reimbursement under the HRA.
The Health Reimbursement Arrangement will rollover any unused funds from 2018 to 2019.Members have 12 months from the date of service to file an HRA claim for reimbursement.
18. Will I need a new Physician Authorization (PA) for my current prescriptions?
Yes, prescriptions needing a Physician Authorization (PA) will require a new PA the first time filled in 2019.
19. How will I submit claims for Health Reimbursement Arrangement and Flexible Spending?
Complete the MedBen Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) or Flexible Spending (FSA) claim form. Claims can be submitted via e-mail, fax, or mail. At this time MedBen does not have the online function available.
20. Is there a direct deposit feature for HRA and/or FSA claims?
No, MedBen currently does not have an option for direct deposit for HRA and FSA claims. MedBen plans to have this option available in 2020.
21. Are there any other updates to the plan?
Yes, Hazardous Activities excluded from the City’s plan effective 01/01/2019:
- Competitive skateboarding/snowboarding
- Ski jumping/heli-skiing
- Competitive big wave surfing
- Hang gliding
- Competitive martial arts
- Sky diving/parachuting
- Cliff diving/base jumping
- Motorcycle racing
- Competing in rodeos
- Bull fighting/running with the bulls
- Storm chasing
- Power boat/yacht racing
- Horse racing
- Racing of any kind (other than foot)
- Professional and semi-professional sports
- Cage fighting
Any thrill seeking activities that exposes the Covered Person to abnormal or extreme risk of injury
City of Bowling Green: SOKY Ice Rink 2018
Dec 19, 2018
Thank you to all who joined us at the SOKY Ice Rink on 12/11! The night was a lot of fun, and provided some great memories. An extra special thank you to Santa and Mrs. Claus for making the trip to Bowling Green, and for spending their night with us! We are looking forward to planning more fun activities next year.
Following Finance - Winter FY2019
Nov 29, 2018
The Winter issue of the Following Finance newsletter is now available on the Click and OnBase at BGKY - Newsletters.
- Summary of recent policy updates, including to Travel & Procurement Card policies
- NEW: Employees will have option to receive paperless W-2s in-lieu-of a paper copy from POE
- Changes to AP & Payroll deadlines due to the Christmas & New Year’s holidays
- FY2020 Budget Information
- 2019 Per Diem rates
- Mandatory Payroll training, four classes available on Wednesday 12/5 and Thursday 12/6
Oct 19, 2018
Did you miss the Harvest Festival last week? Check out this great video of the event and mark your calendars for the City Hall Open House & Downtown Lights Up on Friday, December 7 starting at 3:30 pm @ City Hall. There’s something for everyone. More info to follow…you don’t want to miss it.
Following Finance - Fall 2018
Oct 15, 2018
The fall 2018 issue of the Following Finance Newsletter is now available on the CLICK and via OnBase at BGKY - Newsletters.
This issue contains information on NWS after the recent update, upcoming training opportunities (NWS tips & tricks and Financial Policy review), and Amazon Business. Contact Erin Ballou with any questions.
Results of Fiscal Year 2018 Employee Satisfaction and Internal Services Survey
Aug 6, 2018
THANK YOU to everyone who participated and shared your comments in the eighth annual employee survey. There were approximately 651 surveys distributed (based on the number of FT & PT employees on staff as of mid-July) and 240 responses collected, providing a 36.9% response rate. This is the best response rate we have ever received! For those who chose not to participate this year, please consider providing feedback with next year's process.
The information gathered regarding internal service areas will be used in conjunction with our quarterly/annual performance measurement reporting. This year's survey also included an expanded component regarding employee satisfaction. The results of which indicate a need for further review and analysis to determine the best method for enhancing employee experiences with the City. A summary of the survey results are available for your review and reference here
A comparison of responses over the past several years has been updated to show those internal service areas which continue to perform well and those areas still needing further improvement. Each category was given a grade point, and the cumulative scores for FY18 identify all but four areas as ranking "good" or better, with about a third of the service areas ranked receiving their best scores to date. This year's highest score stays in the Purchasing family, but switches over to Purchasing-Project Bidding. Only about a quarter of the service areas show a modest decline compared to last year's score. Any minor fluctuations are not uncommon based on the number of responses in a given year. One other area of note, Radio Services received the largest positive change this year. The scores are also available for review and reference here.
Your dedication and service to the City of Bowling Green, and especially to your fellow co-workers is very much appreciated!! Thank you again for sharing your opinions and taking the time to complete this year's survey. Your constructive feedback helps as we continue to find ways to better serve ALL of our customers!