Information for Builders & Contractors
Licensing & Insurance Requirements
All contractors are required to obtain and have proof of:
- Unemployment insurance and workers compensation coverage for each employee
- Warren County Occupational Business License Application on file with County Treasurer
- Bowling Green Occupational Business License on file for businesses inside city limits
- General/Specialty Contractor License Application and fees filed with Contractor Licensing Board.
Contractor's Licensing involves:
- Non-refundable fees (General: $250, Specialty: $100)
- Annual Renewals pro-rated for mid-year filing
- Non-Transferable clause, contracting work and performing tasks must be done by a licensed Contractor.
Revocation of Contractor's License will result when:
- Employees conduct work without proper licensing or insurance
- Contractor or employees action constitute misconduct or gross negligence
- Any law or contractor regulation has been broken
Contractors Licensing Board will have information regarding any questions about licensing and insurance requirements. Electrical Licensing information is found at Kentucky Housing, Buildings & Construction.
Building Inspector responsibilities are governed by building code and the local ordinance. Inspections check methods and materials to secure completion of each phase of your building project.
Important Safety Issues
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) provide you with a Jobsite Safety Handbook
- Call 811 before you dig-Know what’s below, respect the utility markings and dig with care
- Safety of workers, workplace environment and the public depend on Storm Water & Hazardous Material Management.
- Best Management Practices Handbook-Storm Water & Clean-up include comprehensive guidelines for safe and proper disposal of waste and discarded materials.
- Information on Storm Water Management and Good Housekeeping should be reviewed by all employees and subcontractors.
707 E Main Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42101
P.O. Box 430
Bowling Green, KY 42102
7:30am - 4:30pm (Mon-Fri)
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.