What is NaturalizeBG?
NaturalizeBG is a pilot scholarship program sponsored by the City of Bowling Green that aims at increasing opportunities for Legal Permanent Residents living in the City of Bowling Green who face economic obstacles to becoming naturalized U.S. citizens. The NaturalizeBG scholarship has awarded 38 total scholarship as of June 30, 2020 totaling $15,390 in funds.
Who Can Apply?
Any United States Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) “green card holder” who is eligible for U.S. Citizenship, is a resident of the City of Bowling Green and meets certain income requirements. Applicant must have completed the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization or the N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship, on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website at www.uscis.gov, or complete either form within 90 days of receipt of award.
N-400 Applicants are eligible to apply for funds ANY TIME prior to filing the N-400 and up until before going to the Interview with U.S.C.I.S and taking Civics Exam.
N-600 Applicants are eligible to apply ANY TIME prior to filing the N-600 and up until 30 days after receipt of Certificate of Citizenship
What will NaturalizeBG program cover?
This program is reimbursement based, meaning you must pay for the application and biometric services fee, and then receive reimbursement for approved expenses from the City of Bowling Green.
- The scholarship will only cover a total of $405, which is either a partial or full reimbursement (N-400 reduced application fee due to USCIS of $320, plus biometric Services Fee = $85)
- The scholarship WILL NOT pay for legal or attorney fees incurred in the preparation of the citizenship application.
How many scholarships will be awarded?
The City of Bowling Green will award 12 (twelve) scholarships by June 30, 2021. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Scholarships will be awarded until funds are exhausted.
What are the Conditions?
- Funds will not be made available unless a copy of the Certificate of Naturalization is provided.
- Applicant must provide documentation of fee payment (Notice of Action, copy of check, bank statement, etc). The City will do a partial reimbursement of the N-400 or N-600 if applicant has to pay full application fee or it will provide a full reimbursement if applicant qualifies for the reduced fee waiver. The City will not reimburse for attorney and/or preparer fees.
- The City of Bowling Green reserves the right to decline any application and change any requirements/guidelines. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By accepting funds from the City of Bowling Green, you authorize the City to take and use photos in promotional materials and publications.
For more information please contact Leyda Becker, International Communities Liaison, by phone 270-393-3766 or email email@example.com
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.