The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.

Language Access Portal

The City of Bowling Green is growing more diverse. Increasing numbers of those who live, work or spend time in the City are not proficient in English. The City must be capable of delivering services to all residents regardless of their English language ability in order to execute municipal functions effectively. Whether seeking to protect public safety, responding to emergencies or collecting revenues, poor communications between city employees and limited English proficient (LEP) residents will undermine the quality of services rendered. The ability to deliver services in different languages also makes the city a more hospitable location for newcomers to settle, promotes the development of small businesses and facilitates sound emergency management planning.

What is a Language Access Card (I-Speak Card)?

The Language Access Card, also known as "I Speak Card" is a tool designed to facilitate interactions between residents with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and city departments. The language access card invites individuals with limited language skills to identify their preferred language and get access to telephone interpreter services at all city departments at no cost. It also serves as a reminder to city staff to ensure equal access by meeting the interpretation needs of LEP individuals. The card is not required to receive interpreter services, for more information you can contact the International Communities Liaison Office: Call 393-3766 or you can visit the office at Neighborhood & Community Services, 707 E. Main Avenue.


Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.