Right of Way Permit
Right of way work is a necessary evil in our city due to the fact that most utilities are put either beneath the roadway or in the right of way. These right of ways vary in width and may include large portions of the grassy areas adjacent to the roads. Whenever someone performs work in any part of a city right of way, street, curb, gutter or sidewalk, a permit is required.
- Right of way work is defined to include any excavation, removal or work in any part of any city right-of-way, street, curb, gutter or sidewalk.
- Application for such a permit shall be made at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the expected date of commencement of the work except in cases of emergency. If the application is approved by the Planning and Design Division, work can commence should all requirements be met.
- Each permit issued shall cover only one specific piece of work.
- Permit fees are fifty ($50)dollars per approved application.
- All work performed pursuant to the permit shall comply with the current edition of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
Right of Way Permit (Information Packet)
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.