Bowling Green Parks & Recreation
225 East Third Avenue
Bowling Green, Ky 42101
- Plow, disk and mark off gardens
- Weather permitting, gardens will be ready by March 31
- Mow all gardens that have weed growth of 24 inches or more
- Not assume any responsibility for theft or damage from gardens
- Not provide water or water access
- Obey all city, state, and federal laws, statutes, ordinances, and policies.
- Not apply pesticides including insecticides and herbicides is prohibited. As defined by the Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) chapter 217B "Pesticide" means: Any substance or mixture of substances intended to (a) prevent, destroy, control, repel, attract, or mitigate any pest; (b) be used as a plant regulator, defoliant, or desiccant; or (c) be used as a spray adjuvant, once they have been mixed with an EPA registered product. (www.kyagr.com)
- Not sell harvested produce from the gardens on city property. Anyone selling on city property without a permit/license will be subject to fines and/or court costs.
- Maintain the garden in good condition.
- Not remove and/or move the stakes.
- Be considerate of other gardeners.
- Pay rental fee in full for each plot.
- $20 for large plot (30’x60’) Limit: 1 garden plot per household/address.
- $15 for small plot (30’x30’) Limit: 2 garden plot per household/address.
- Show proof of home residence (driver’s license, phone bill, BGMU or WRECC utility bill). The address on this application must match the address on the documentation submitted.
- Notify Parks & Recreation if he/she decides not to use the garden. No Refunds.
- Not drive motor vehicles outside of designated areas.
- Have everything removed from the gardens by October 31st . The gardens will be plowed under for the winter.
|Full Plot||30' x 60'||$20/each|
|Small Plot||30' x 30'||$15/each|
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.