All produce, flowers, and plants must be removed from the rented Community Garden plot by the end of October.
Garden plots will be offered on a first-come; first-serve basis. Perspective renters will enter the front entrance of Bowling Green Parks and Recreation, 225 East Third Avenue. A registration table will be set up inside the front entrance. Please pick the next number available, write down your name, and leave a callback number on the sheet provided. Please return to your car and wait to be called into the building. You will be called in the order listed on the registration sheet. When you enter the building to make your garden plot purchase, go to the window to the right just inside the double doors. Once, the purchase has been completed, please exit the building.
Bowling Green Parks & Recreation
225 East Third Avenue
Bowling Green, Ky 42101
- Plow, disk and mark off gardens
- Weather permitting, gardens will be ready by March 31
- Mow all gardens that have weed growth of 24 inches or more
- Not assume any responsibility for theft or damage from gardens
- Not provide water or water access
- Obey all city, state, and federal laws, statutes, ordinances, and policies.
- Not applying pesticides including insecticides and herbicides is prohibited. As defined by the Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) chapter 217B "Pesticide" means: Any substance or mixture of substances intended to (a) prevent, destroy, control, repel, attract, or mitigate any pest; (b) be used as a plant regulator, defoliant, or desiccant; or (c) be used as a spray adjuvant, once they have been mixed with an EPA registered product. (www.kyagr.com)
- Not sell harvested produce from the gardens on city property. Anyone selling on city property without a permit/license will be subject to fines and/or court costs.
- Maintain the garden in good condition.
- Not remove and/or move the stakes.
- Be considerate of other gardeners.
- Pay the rental fee in full for each plot.
- $40 for large plot (30’x60’) Limit: 1 garden plot per household/address.
- $20 for small plot (30’x30’) Limit: 2 garden plot per household/address.
- Show proof of home residence (driver’s license, phone bill, BGMU or WRECC utility bill). The address on this application must match the address on the documentation submitted.
- Notify Parks & Recreation if he/she decides not to use the garden. No Refunds.
- Not drive motor vehicles outside of designated areas.
- Have everything removed from the gardens by October 31st. The gardens will be plowed under for the winter.
|Full Plot||30' x 60'||$40/each|
|Small Plot||30' x 30'||$20/each|
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.