The Property and Evidence Unit is responsible for the intake and preservation of evidence and other property collected by officers of the Bowling Green Police Department.
How to Claim Your Property
- Property seized as “evidence” in a criminal investigation requires a court order or authorization from the case officer/investigator for the release. Defendants must have their attorney navigate this process.
- Property collected as “found property” can be claimed without case officer authorization if owner information was provided by the collecting officer.
- Proof of ownership may be required.
- It is recommended to have the police report number available to expedite inquires and releases.
- Appointment is required. To schedule please call 270-393-4515.
- Government issued photo identification is required at time of release (driver’s license, state issued ID card, jail inmate ID bracelet are acceptable).
- A background check will be done on any person claiming a firearm. Firearms cannot be released to ineligible persons under the restrictions of United States Code Title 18.
- Property held in excess of 90 days after the owner/claimant has been notified that it is available for release will be treated as unclaimed/abandoned and will be disposed.
Bowling Green Police Department
Property and Evidence Unit
911 Kentucky St
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Phone (Property & Evidence Unit):
Public Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday (Closed weekends and public holidays)
8:00am - 11:00am
12:30pm - 4:00pm
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.