Criminal Investigations Division
The Bowling Green Police Department Criminal Investigations Division is responsible for gathering evidence, identifying and apprehending offenders, preparing cases for trial, and maintaining liaison with prosecutors, courts, and corrections. The Criminal Investigations Division staff includes one major, two sergeants, and fourteen detectives. Two of these investigators are assigned to the Warren County Drug Task Force. The Criminal Investigation Division also includes the Victim Advocacy Unit and the BRASS domestic violence coordinators.
The Bowling Green Police Department Criminal Investigations Division investigates computer-related crimes. The Bowling Green Police Department is one of the few agencies in the Commonwealth of Kentucky with the in-house capabilities to investigate computer-related crimes from initial investigation and examination of electronic evidence to state or federal prosecution. Officers have been trained in advanced techniques to investigate computer-related crimes and conduct examinations of electronic evidence and work closely with the: United States Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force (ECTF), Kentucky State Police Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC), National Computer Forensic Institute (NCFI), Regional Computer Forensic Lab (RCFL), National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) and the Internet Crimes Complaint Center (IC3).
Victim Advocacy Unit
The Victim Advocacy Unit assists investigators by providing crisis intervention, ongoing case support, court advocacy, assistance with crime victims compensation claims, and referrals for community-based services to victims of abuse and their non-offending family members. The Unit consists of one full-time child abuse advocate and two part-time domestic violence advocates from the Barren River Area Safe Space (BRASS).
The Juvenile Intensive Supervision Team (JIST)
The Bowling Green Police Department partners with the Department of Juvenile Justice to form a Juvenile Intensive Supervision Team (JIST). This team shares information and monitors all youth in Bowling Green and Warren County who are under Department of Juvenile Justice supervision.
- Major Matt Edwards - (270) 393-4520
- Captain Josh Hughes - (270) 393-4396
- Sergeant Tyler Chamings - (270) 393-4575
- Sergeant Michael Myrick - (270) 393-4102
- Detective Tim Buss - (270) 393-4155
- Detective Ryan Dillon - (270) 393-4547
- Detective David Grimsley - (270) 393-4130
- Detective Brad Hogue - (270) 393-4507
- Detective Sean Johnson - (270) 393-4241
- Detective Mike Nade - (270) 393-4594
- Detective Rebecca Robbins - (270) 393-4709
- Detective Kyle Scharlow - (270) 393-4532
- Detective Eric Stroud - (270) 393-4101
- Detective Melissa Wartak - (270) 393-4017
- Detective Matt Wheat - (270) 393-4517
- Detective Alex Wright - (270) 393-4696
- April Fulcher - (270) 393-4595
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.