Central Records Unit
The Central Records Unit receives, stores and maintains police records including investigative reports, collision reports, field interview contacts, citations, vehicle impounds and records checks.
Central Records is open between the hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday thru Friday (closed on Weekends and Holidays). Citizens may obtain copies of investigative reports, accident reports and field interview contacts at the Bowling Green Police Department Record's Unit. The Central Record's Unit does not fax copies of reports. There is a $3.00 charge for copies of these reports
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I obtain a copy of an accident report?
An authorized person may obtain a copy of their accident report from the Bowling Green Police Department - Central Records Unit by various methods:
You may obtain a copy of your accident report by visiting the Bowling Green Police Department (911 Kentucky Street) between the hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday (closed on Weekends and Holidays).
Citizens may also receive a copy of their accident report by visiting the following website: https://www.buycrash.com/
You may also mail a request to the Bowling Green Police Department at:
911 Kentucky St
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Your request should include the following:
- Your report number
- A self addressed and stamped envelope
- The driver's name
- Date of accident
- Fee payment
- A copy of your driver's license
There is a $3.00 fee to obtain a copy. Please allow 5-8 working days after occurrence.
Persons authorized to receive copies of an accident collision report per Kentucky Revised Statue 189.635 include:
- Involved Person
- Parents of Involved Juveniles
- Insurance Companies of Involved Persons
- Authorized Legal Representation of Involved Party with Written Authorization
How do I obtain a criminal background check?
Records checks may be obtained through the Administrative Office of the Courts in Frankfort, KY. For more information call 1-800-928-6381.
Frequently Requested Phone Numbers
- Warren County Justice Center: 270-746-7400
- Warren County Regional Jail: 270-843-4606
- Warren County Sheriff's Office: 270-842-1633
- Kentucky State Police: 270-782-2010
- Kentucky Drivers License: 270-746-7417
- Western Kentucky University Police: 270-745-2548
- Auto License Division: 270-842-1530
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.