If you choose to use regular candles, keep these tips in mind:
- Ensure candles are in sturdy metal, glass or ceramic holders and placed where they cannot be easily knocked down.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Set a good example by using matches, lighters and fire carefully.
- NEVER leave burning candles unattended! Extinguish them before going to sleep or leaving the room!
- Children should never be allowed to play with matches, lighters or candles. Keep these items out of reach of children, up in a high place that is locked.
- Never put candles on a Christmas tree.
- December is the peak time of year for home candle fires. In addition, the two peak days for candle fires are Christmas and Christmas Eve.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.