Hiring a Contractor
When it comes to caring for your trees some things are best left to professionals such as removal and/or pruning of large trees and application of certain pesticides. These tree care tasks can be dangerous for the average homeowner without the proper training and experience. When you care for your trees you are making an investment in the future. By choosing a knowledgeable professional you know that they have the best interests of you and your trees in mind.
A professional tree care service will:
- Be properly licensed with the local government.
- Provide at your request proof of adequate liability insurance to protect you and your property as well as the company. (Don't be afraid to ask- accidents do happen and you want to be protected!)/li>
- Employ a knowledgeable and courteous staff. (Ask if they carry any professional affiliations or certifications.)
- Be able to provide you with references. (Do not hesitate to contact them.)
- NOT advertise harmful "service" such as "topping". (Compare advertisements in the local yellow pages.)
- Provide a written estimate of the work to be done. (It is OK to get estimates from more than one company. Just remember to compare the same services; lowest cost is not always best for your trees.)
Take the time to be an informed consumer and prevent yourself from becoming victimized.
To find a qualified arborist, please visit the "Trees Are Good" website.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.