International Communities Advisory Council to meet January 23
- January 17, 2024
- International Communities
- Leyda Becker - 270-393-3766
- Neighborhood and Community Services, 707 E. Main Avenue, Bowling Green, KY
The City's International Communities Advisory Council will hold its bimonthly meeting on Tuesday, January 23rd at 5 p.m. in the Neighborhood and Community Services Department at 707 E. Main Avenue.
Mission: The City of Bowling Green International Communities Advisory Council was established to advise the Community Services Specialist/International Communities Liaison regarding the needs of immigrant and international residents in Bowling Green. The Advisory Council will represent members of our diverse communities and identify issues of concern, important changes in needs of the immigrant and international community and general ideas for improving the City’s mission of "strengthening our vibrant community by focusing on quality of life, service delivery, fiscal responsibility, public safety, neighborhood revitalization, visionary leadership, and economic development."
Duties: Members will collectively identify issues and make recommendations to the Community Services Specialist/International Communities Liaison for improving outreach and service delivery of city programs and services to immigrants and internationals. They agree to serve as a channel for two-way communications between the City of Bowling Green and the Immigrant and International Community. Council members will:
- Obtain input from and identify service issues of immigrant and international residents.
- Communicate contributions and advances to the City’s mission by immigrant and international communities to the Advisory Council.
- Work to develop recommendations for the Community Services Specialist/International Communities Liaison to address issues of concern.
- Receive and disseminate, to respective cultural and ethnic group, beneficial community information shared during Council meetings.
Membership: Advisory Council members, recommended by members of the international and immigrant community and appointed by the City of Bowling Green’s Neighborhood and Community Services Department, commit to serving on the Advisory Council without compensation for a term of one year. After this one year term, membership may be renewed.
For more information contact the City's International Communities Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (270)393-3766
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.