Downtown Traffic Impacts for Saturday, Oct. 15
- October 13, 2022
- Traffic Impacts
- Emily Angel - 270-393-3444
- Bowling Green, KY
Traffic impacts are expected in and near downtown Bowling Green on Saturday, October 15 due to the Medcenter Health 10K Classic road races, the Downtown BGKY Harvest Festival and other events.
Downtown Bowling Green will see a large number of visitors on Saturday, October 15 due to several popular, seasonal events taking place. These events will bring additional pedestrians, a road race and altered traffic patterns as follows:
- The MedCenter Health 10K Classic road races will start from WKU's Houchens Industries LT Smith Stadium beginning with the 5K Walk/Run at 7:30 a.m. Subsequent races start at staggering times but the entire course on and off campus should be cleared no later than 11:00 a.m. The 5K and 10K races feature a meandering course adjacent to campus on University Boulevard and along Regents, Chestnut Street and on into downtown. The finish line for all races is at the stadium. The entire schedule of races and course maps can be found here: https://medcenterhealth.org/med-center-health-10k-classic/ While the course map also includes water stops, please note that there could be street closures outside the route itself in order to keep runners separated from the motoring public. The traffic impact times associated for the MedCenter 10K Classic is 7:30-11:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- Downtown BGKY Harvest Festival 2022 will feature two street closures, both from 8 am to 6 pm. Those street closures are as follows: East Main Avenue on Fountain Square, between State and College Streets, and College Street adjacent to Circus Square Park and SKYPAC, between 6th and 7th Avenues. A full itinerary of Harvest Festival events, including the last farmer's market of the season and Croptoberfest at SOKY Marketplace can be found here: https://www.bgky.org/files/rXcTfX2q.pdf
- Bourbon & Brewfest will take place at Bowling Green Ballpark. This is a ticket event with early admission at noon. Information about this event can be found here: https://bgbrewfest.com/
- Due to the anticipated number of participants in these events, parking will also be impacted. People are encouraged to check out our online downtown parking map here: https://www.bgky.org/files/fbXz2JWv.pdf
For more information about the 10K Classic or Bourbon & Brewfest, please contact the organizers at the contact information posted on their websites.
For more information about Downtown BGKY Harvest Festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and follow @downtownbgky for the latest updates on all the goings on in downtown Bowling Green.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.