2016 Good Neighbor Resolutions
- December 31, 2015
- Neighborhood & Community Services
- Karen Foley - (270) 393-3674
- Bowling Green, KY
Planning your New Year's Resolutions? Why not include ways to know your neighbors and build community? Here's ten #2016GoodNeighborResolutions to consider, in no particular order of importance, of course! Share your ideas with us on Facebook or Twitter @CityofBGKY and use the hashtag: #2016GoodNeighborResolutions.
Ten Resolutions for "Good Neighboring" in the New Year
1. Report burned out street lights when you see them:http://www.bgmu.com/contact_problems … or http://www.wrecc.com/contact-us/
2. Make a point to check in regularly on a senior in your neighborhood.
3. Knowing your next door or nearby neighbors has benefits. Check out this article for great tips on meeting them: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/11/13/how-to-be-a-good-neighbor-9-old-fashioned-tips-for-getting-to-know-the-folks-next-door/ …
4. Use tight lids on trash cans and prepare recyclables to prevent litter, #keepitcleanBG.
5. Pet litter is not welcome on neighbors' yards, public streets, parks or sidewalks. Pick up after your pet.
6. Adopt a neighborhood street, highway or Greenway. Call 270-393-3363 for a City Street or check out this link for Greenways: http://www.warrenpc.org/greenways/Adopt-A-Trail2.php
7. Make a great first impression on a new neighbor! Break the ice with a welcome bag from Neighborhood & Community Services and maybe add your own treat to it. Call 270-393-3674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
8. Drive the speed limit: unless otherwise posted, the limit is 25 mph on all neighborhood streets.
9. Practice bike/pedestrian safety in the neighborhood: bike right, walk left. While you're at it, to help recover your bike in case of a theft, register it here:https://www.bgky.org/police/bicycle-registry
10. Start planning a landscaping or curb appeal project for the spring. Don't forget to take "before" pictures!
What are your ideas? Share them with us on Twitter: be sure to tag @CityofBGKY and use the hashtag: #2016GoodNeighborResolutions.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.