Lifeguard Certification Course - Session II
Date: March 5, 2019
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Contact: Adam Butler
Location: 225 East Third Avenue Bowling Green, KY 42101
Registration is online at https://playbgpr.bgky.org under Youth Activities/Sports/Camps
The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Class will teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. Upon successful completion, participants will be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding/CPR/AED/ Professional Rescuer certifications.
Pre-Requisites: Participants must be 15 years old on or before the last day of the course. Participants must swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl and breaststroke, tread water for two minutes using only the legs and swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 pound object from between 7-10 feet deep and swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
Anyone desiring employment as a lifeguard at Russell Sims Aquatic Center must complete this certification.
Dates - Must attend all classes within the session.
- Session I: March 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10
- Session II: March 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24
- Session III: April 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14
- Session IV: April 26, 27, 28, May 3, 4, 5
Times/Location: (End times may be earlier based on class size and progress.)
- Fridays: 6:00 pm-9:00 pm at Bowling Green High School Pool, 1801 Rockinham Lane
- Saturdays: 9:00 am-5:00 pm at Bowling Green Parks and Recreation, 225 East Third Avenue
- Sundays: 3:00 pm-6:00 pm at Bowling Green High School Pool, 1801 Rockinham Lane
Fee: $200 (includes required book and certification)
Calendar: BGPR - F.O. Moxley Community Center
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.