Lifeguard Certification Registration
- February 15, 2023
- Parks & Recreation: Aquatics
- Adam Butler - 270-393-3606
- Bowling Green, KY
Bowling Green Parks and Recreation is taking registration online for Lifeguard Certification Courses. An online portion is required before the first class. Fees will be waived for waterpark employees that work the entire season. For more information, please contact 270-393-3549.
Lifeguard Certification Course
Registration is online at https://playbgpr.bgky.org
Training Includes: Standard First Aid, CPR for Professional Rescuer and Lifeguard Training.
- Be 15 years old by last day of class
- Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl and breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 pound object from 10 feet deep, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water within 1:40.
*Session I: March 24 - March 26
*Session II: April 14 - April 16
*Session III: April 21 - April 23
*Session IV: April 28 - April 30
Times/Location: Fridays: 6:00pm - 9:00pm @ BGHS Pool, Saturdays: 10:00 am-4:00 pm @ BGPR/BGHS Pool & Sundays 1:00 pm-6:00 pm @ BGHS Pool. The participant must attend the entire weekend class.
Fee: $225 *Pre-registration is required-class includes online component that must be reviewed prior to class dates.
Fees are waived for waterpark employees. To apply for a waterpark position, please go to https://www.joinbgky.org/ or contact 270-393-3549 for more information.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.