The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.

Mobile Food Units & Pushcarts

The City of Bowling Green has adopted Ordinance BG2019-50 regulating Mobile Food Units and Pushcarts on public rights-of-way. If you wish to conduct business on public rights-of-way as described in Ordinance BG2019-50, a permit will be required.

Mobile Food Unit/Pushcart Application (Packet)

Included in this packet is:

  • Introductory Letter
  • Ordinance
  • Application
  • Checklist of items needed to submit with permit application
  • Acknowledgement letter regarding generator decibel level
  • Compliance Statement regarding intent to conduct business on private property or other non-public rights-of-way.
  • BGFD Code Compliance Guideline
  • NFPA Food Truck Safety Tips
With approval of permit application, a color coded pre-numbered sticker for the calendar year will be issued and must be affixed to Mobile Food Unit or Pushcart in a publically visible location.
If you do not wish to apply for a Mobile Food Unit/Pushcart permit, please review, sign, and return the compliance statement on intent to conduct business on private property or other non-public rights-of-way.

For inquiries, please contact the City of Bowing Green Office of Occupational License at 270-393-3000 or email questions to

Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.