The City of Bowling Green, Kentucky enforces a strict linking policy in regards to its website.
The City of Bowling Green’s web site was created to provide useful, City related information to citizens and visitors. www.bgky.org is not a forum for public communication and debate. In order to maintain the integrity of the web site, and preserve the non-public forum of www.bgky.org, links from the City's web site will follow the criteria that has been established.
Links from the following categories or websites are allowed:
- Health and Emergency Services
- Local Religious Organizations
- Tourism Commission/Visitor's Bureau
- Schools and Libraries
- Chamber of Commerce
- Regional Cultural Institutions
- Organizations funded by or affiliated with the City of Bowling Green, Kentucky
The City's website will NOT provide links to sites:
- Promoting illegal activities
- Sexually explicit sites
- Libelous or otherwise defamatory content
- Sites belonging to or supporting a political affiliation
- Sites which furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office
- Sites that exhibit hate, bias, discrimination
- Contain information violating any of the City's affirmative action or equal opportunity policies.
Hypertext links to external web sites and pages may be removed or replaced at the sole discretion of the City of Bowling Green.
The determination of links shall be made by the City's e-Government Coordinator, with the approval and review of the Director of Information Technology.
An appeal to that determination may be filed in writing with the Office of the City Clerk within twenty (20) days of the determination. Appeals shall be decided by the City Manager within thirty (30) days of receipt of the written appeal. All decisions of the City Manager shall be final.
Web Calendar Posting Policy
Non-profit organizations that are funded by or affiliated with the City of Bowling Green will be allowed to submit events to be placed on the City’s web site calendar. The City’s Internet Specialist shall determine the events to be listed. The appeal process will be the same as listed above regarding the website linking policy.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.