Street Lighting (New Requests)

City standard street lighting consists of a 35' wooden pole and 9500 lumen high pressure sodium fixture.  Policy typically dictates that standard street lighting be placed at street intersections and at 300' intervals.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Contact City Central and request additional street lighting.   Please be ready to identify the area in question.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

City Central staff receives requests and forwards them to Public Works.  Public Works submits a lighting survey request to the appropriate electric utility provider, usually BGMU.  If requests qualify for additional lighting, staff determines annual costs to install the additional lighting.  Once the street light installation can be absorbed into the City’s annual budget, the electric utility provider is authorized to proceed with installation.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City Central, NCS Building, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3444.



Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.