The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.

Signs for New Locations (Street Name, Traffic, Parking)

The City of Bowling Green uses ordinances and guidelines when reviewing sign requests. New street name signs are typically ones that go into new developing areas.  All traffic (including parking) sign requests are handled through City Central, which in turn works closely with city traffic engineer in reviewing such requests.

Anyone wishing to change traffic control conditions (for example via new signs) on a city street should complete a "Request to Change Traffic Conditions" Form, which is available on the City’s website at or can be obtained from Public Works Office. This form requires signatures from neighborhood representatives and a complete description of the nature of the problem to be reported.

If the matter is really more about helping identify or "illuminate" and existing condition then they should contact Public Works and make a requests.  Sometimes, however, this may actually lead into a change, which would require the "request to change traffic conditions" form.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Notify Public Works of location and reason needed.   Depending on the request, you may be required to complete a "Request to Change Traffic Conditions" Form, either by electronic or regular mail.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Traffic Engineer will review the inquiry and make recommendation in accordance with City Ordinance and other guidelines, in order to review safety and functionality of the transportation infrastructure.  In some cases, neighborhood feedback may be solicited, and in instances of questionable support for the change, the Board of Commissioners may approve or deny requests.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Public Works, 1011 College St, (270) 393-3628

Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.