The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.

Decorative Signposts & Neighborhood Entry Signs

Neighborhood organizations wishing to install decorative signposts to replace the city’s standard signs or to install specialty entry signs should contact the Neighborhood Services Division for regulations and technical advice regarding their project.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Complete and submit an application for approval to install signage on city right-of-way.  The application should include appropriate maps of locations to be affected and a full description of the materials to be used.  Comply with the City’s Decorative Signpost Policy and all other recommendations or instructions issued by Public Works regarding the application.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Review and provide approval/denial of applications, provide technical guidance (via city traffic engineer public works), and review submittals of drawings and specifications for proposed sign poles to determine if manufacturer affirms they meet applicable standards.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Neighborhood Services Division, NCS Building, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3674

Operations Division, Public Works Dept, 2311 Lapsley Lane, (270) 393-3363

Planning and Design Division, Public Works Dept, 1011 College Street, (270) 393-3227

Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.