COVID-19: For the latest information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Bowling Green, visit our Coronavirus Response page.

Noise Complaints

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Citizens may call the Police Department to report noise violations.  Persons causing noise that can be heard 100 feet or more away may be issued a citation for noise violation.  If the violator is in a vehicle, police can work with citizens to identify repeat violators.  Citizens should attempt to obtain specific information about the vehicle, including the license plate number.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

The Police Department will dispatch an officer to handle the noise complaint after it has been reported.  If the noise is from a residence or business, the supervisor on duty can obtain the sound level meter and read the decibel reading.  This reading will be compared to the City Ordinance, and violations will be addressed.  If the noise is from a moving motor vehicle, officers will attempt to locate the vehicle and take appropriate action.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Bowling Green Police Dept., 911 Kentucky St., 270-393-4000

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.