The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.

Blocked Structures & Flooding

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Any complaint regarding blocked drainage structures  should be made by contacting Citizen Information & Assistance or Public Works Operations between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.  After hours, flooded intersections or roadways should be reported to the non-emergency Police Communications Center. 

It is the responsibility of the city to...

If the complaint is received during normal working hours, a crew will be dispatched to clean the top of the structure.  If the problem occurs during a rain event while crews are working throughout the City on such problems, the complaint will be given to the crew assigned to that area.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Citizen Information & Assistance, Neighborhood & Community Services, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3444

Public Works Operations, (270) 393-3363

Online Request Form:

After-Hours Flooding Only:   911 Communications Center, (270) 393-4000

Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.