The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.

Contractor's License

Anyone who engages in business as a general contractor or a specialty contractor in the City (and Warren County) must first obtain a contractor license from the Contractors Licensing Board.

A "general contractor" refers to a contractor whose business operations require the use of more than two unrelated building trades or crafts that the contractor supervises or performs. This may include construction, remodeling, repair or improvement of commercial, industrial and residential buildings or other structures, sidewalks, or street pavement.

A "specialty contractor" refers to any person providing special skills involving the use of specialized building trades or crafts. Electricians and plumbers are included in this category. 

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

To obtain a license, a contractor may be required to provide information such as: evidence of financial stability; proof of liability insurance and compliance with Kentucky’s unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation laws; proof of compliance with other specialty craft laws and regulations; local, state, and federal tax numbers; references from past  clients or past employers; and proof of compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations such as a City business license.

For more information, contact the Contractors Licensing Board.


If I am interested, who do I contact...

Contractors Licensing Board, 1141 State St., (270) 781-3530

Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.