The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.

Handicap Parking in Residential Areas

To request a handicap parking sign in front of your residence, contact City Central.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

To request a handicap parking sign in front of your residence, contact City Central.  Be prepared to provide your name, address, and an explanation for the reason of the request.  Also be prepared to fill out a Traffic Control Change Request form as well.  City Central will make the determination of need in working with traffic engineer regarding each site.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

City staff will review requests on a case-by-case basis.  If the request is granted, signage will be provided and installed.  We ask that the citizen who requests the sign please let us know if for any reason there is no longer a need.  The current homeowner has that option as well, should the property change hands.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City Central, NCS Building, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3444


Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.