Mosquitoes lay their eggs in water. The life cycle of the mosquito, from egg to adult mosquito can take as little as four days. Therefore, the best way to control mosquitoes is to prevent outside water from standing.
As a citizen it is my responsibility to...
Eliminate standing water at home by doing some/all of the following:
- Clean out gutters and downspout extensions
- Remove old tires, cans, bottles and buckets that collect rainwater
- Change water in birdbaths once a week
- Keep mosquito-eating fish (top-feeding predacious minnows) in ornamental ponds
- Repair leaky faucets, fill in puddles
- Chlorinate pools
- Keep pet’s water fresh
- Change wading pool water twice weekly
- Check toys, tarps and boats for standing water
- Empty outside flowerpot saucers
- Keep lids tightly fitted on garbage cans and waste containers
It is the responsibility of the city to...
The Warren County Road Department seasonally provides limited mosquito spraying services, by request. The City does not provide mosquito abatement services, but it will inspect properties for property maintenance code violations. Public Works also inspects drainage complaints.
If I am interested, who do I contact...
Warren County Road Department, Seasonal Mosquito requests: (270) 393-3535 or online: http://www.warrencountyky.gov/mosquito
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.