The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.


As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Help keep our city clean by making sure that the property you own is litter free.  Be aware of ways litter is created and take steps to prevent it:  be sure your trash containers are outfitted with tight-fitting lids, properly secure recyclables for pickup, don’t place food wrappers or other loose trash in the bed of your pickup truck where it can blow out, etc.   Contact City Central to report properties with accumulated litter.  Be prepared to provide the property address and specific information about the problem.   Private citizens and civic organizations may also volunteer to Adopt-a-Street or get involved with “Keep it Clean, Bowling Green,” the City’s anti-litter initiative in partnership with Operation P.R.I.D.E. 

In addition if a location appears to be an on-going problem, one may request, through City Central, a "no littering" sign.  Public works will review and determine if the location is acceptable based on guidelines and use.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

If a private property has litter accumulated and the landowner is either unavailable or not responsive, a work order can be written.  This means that a private contractor will clean up the property at the owner's expense.  If the property owner fails to comply with notices of violation sent by City Code Enforcement Officers, a work order can be issued or a citation written, fining the property owner.  If the litter is predominantly along the right-of-way of a state highway or local street, volunteer organizations or work crews from the Warren County Regional Jail may be enlisted periodically to perform roadside litter pick-up.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City Central, NCS Building, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3444

Adopt-a-Street:   Neighborhood Services Division, City Hall Annex, 1017 College St, (270) 393-3674


Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.