Come work in BG: Multiple jobs are available in this area. If you are looking for work or if you are an employer who needs to hire, please go to to upload job listings or apply for work.

Tree Maintenance

The practice of tree topping is prohibited on all trees on public rights-of-way, and residents are strongly discouraged from “topping” trees on their private property.  To learn more about appropriate trimming methods and recommended tree planting practices, you can pick up a free brochure provided by the Bowling Green Tree Advisory Board at Parks & Recreation on 3rd Avenue or at City Hall.  You may also review information on their website:


As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

All complaints concerning maintenance and care of trees on City rights-of-way are to be directed to Citizen Information & Assistance. The caller should provide his/her name, phone number, address, specific location of tree and a brief description of the problem.  Complaints regarding trees off of City rights-of-way but in proximity to utility lines should be directed to your electric service provider (BGMU or Warren Rural Electric Cooperative).  One can also use our online "Report a Problem" tool.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Complaints will be inspected by the City Arborist and routed for appropriate work.  Hazardous tree conditions take precedence over non-hazardous conditions.  Complaints concerning trees in close proximity to utility lines are  inspected by the appropriate electric utility provider.  Any after hours EMERGENCY calls should be directed to the 911 Communications Center.  An example of an emergency call would be a street or alley that is blocked by downed trees.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Citizen Information & Assistance, Neighborhood & Community Services, 707 E. Main Ave, (270) 393-3444

Bowling Green Municipal Utilities:  (270) 782-1200

Warren Rural Electric Cooperative:  (270) 842-6541

After Hours Emergency Only:  911

Police Communications Center, (270) 393-4000

Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.