The Greatest Challenge: When tornadoes roared through our community December 11, 2021, the loss of lives and destruction of property created the greatest challenge our community has faced in modern time. This is our story of resiliency through the eyes of your City employees and other community leaders. Read Our Story

If you'd like to contribute your own personal tornado story, please email your story to Stories may be edited at the City's discretion.


Complaints of speeding in residential neighborhoods can be addressed on a limited basis by directed traffic patrols of police in problem areas, the use of speed trailers, and some traffic control features. Installation of new speed humps or speed tables is prohibited by the Neighborhood Traffic Control Policy established by the Board of Commissioners on January 5, 2010.

Anyone wishing to change traffic control conditions on a city street should complete a "Request to Change Traffic Conditions" Form, which is available on the City’s website at or can be obtained from City Central or the Neighborhood Action Office.  This form requires signatures from neighborhood representatives and a complete description of the nature of the problem to be reported.

Requests for speed trailer deployment or directed traffic patrols by the Police Department should be directed to City Central or directly to the the Bowling Green Police Department.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City Central, City Hall, 707 E. Main Ave, P.O. Box 430, Bowling Green, KY 42102-0430, (270) 393-3444

Suggestions or problems with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.

Would you like a reply?

We'll only use this to reply to your message.