COVID-19: For the latest information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Bowling Green, visit our Coronavirus Response page.

New Traffic Signals

The City of Bowling Green Public Works Department and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Department of Highways maintain various roadways in Bowling Green. 

Requests for installation of new traffic signals on state highways should be directed to the Bureau of Highways, District Office #3.  If you are unsure whether your location is maintained by the City or State, contact City Central.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Direct your request in writing to City Central or to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, District Office #3.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

The City’s Planning and Design Division of the Public Works Department will review for installation of new traffic lights on city-maintained streets.  

Anyone wishing to change traffic control conditions on a city street should complete a "Request to Change Traffic Conditions" Form, which is available on the City’s website at or can be obtained from City Central or the Neighborhood Action Office.  This form requires signatures from neighborhood representatives and a complete description of the nature of the problem to be reported.

Recommendations for new signals must be accompanied by budget appropriations before installation can take place.  Requests for installation of new traffic lights at state-maintained intersections are reviewed by engineers at the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, District Office #3.  Engineering recommendations must be accompanied by adequate funding before installation can take place.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City Central, City Hall, 1001 College St., (270) 393-3444

Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, District Office #3, 900 Morgantown Rd., Bowling Green, KY 42101, (270) 746-7898

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.