Over 50 Citizen's Academy Spots Filling Up, Less Than One Week Still Left To Apply
- February 22, 2019
- Karen Foley - (270) 393-3674
- Bowling Green, KY
This year's 'Over 50 Citizen's Academy' is nearing capacity. The deadline to apply for a remaining spot is February 28, 2019.
The Over 50 Citizen's Academy is an initiative of Age Friendly Bowling Green and is a comprehensive look at the City of Bowling Green's various departments, including Police, Fire, Public Works, Parks & Recreation, Neighborhood & Community Services, its form of government, budget, and facilities. The Over 50 Citizen's Academy meets week days from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. March 7-12, concluding after a graduation lunch on March 13. The deadline to apply is February 28.
Topics included in the Over 50 Citizen's Academy include:
- The City of Bowling Green’s Form of Government
- Elected Officials, Open Meetings & Records
- How Do We Pay for City Government?
- Components of a Livable Community
- Introduction to City Departments
- Transportation Needs & Planning
- Go BG Transit System
- Arts, Leisure & Lifelong Learning
- Becoming & Remaining Active and Engaged in Community and Civic Life
Online registration is available on the City's website at: http://www.bgky.org/ncs/over-fifty-citizens-academy
This is the 7th class offered of the academy.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.