Halloween Safety and Hours
TO: ALL NEWS ORGANIZATIONS
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Barry Pruitt @ 270.393.4596
DATE: October 29, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HALLOWEEN SAFETY AND HOURS
Bowling Green, KY -- Everyone wants to have a safe and happy Halloween for themselves, their guests and their children. Using safety tips and common sense can help you make the most of your Halloween season and make it as enjoyable for your children as it is for you. The Bowling Green Police Department is offering up these Halloween safety tips:
- All door to door trick-or-treating should be completed by 7:00 p.m.
- Help your child pick out or make a costume that will be safe. Make it fire proof, the eye holes should be large enough for good peripheral vision.
-If you set jack-o-lanterns on your porch with candles in them, make sure that they are far enough out of the way so that kids costumes won't accidentally be set on fire.
- Make sure that if your child is carrying a prop, such as a scythe, butcher knife or a pitchfork, that the tips are smooth and flexible enough to not cause injury if fallen on.
- Treating your kids to a Halloween dinner will make them less likely to eat the candy they collect before you have a chance to check it for them.
- Teaching your kids basic everyday safety such as not getting into cars or talking to strangers, looking both ways before crossing streets and crossing at intersections, will help make them safer when they are out Trick or Treating.
For more information, please contact Office Barry Pruitt at 393-4596.