Residential Loose Leaf Pickup
Find Out Your Leaf Zone and Pickup Dates
Information can also be found on
Government Access Channel 4
and the Public Works Leaf Hotline at 393-3333
Loose Leaf Pickup Guidelines
In an effort to keep the leaf crews on schedule and to prevent leaf machines from breaking down the following guidelines have been implemented:
- The City is divided into ten (10) work zones.
- Leaves must be raked to the curb the day before the zone is scheduled to receive service.
- Each zone will receive service for two (2) consecutive business days on a rotating basis.
- A zone will not receive service before the scheduled pickup date.
- If a zone is not completed within the two (2) day period, the leaf crews will move into the next scheduled zone and back track to complete the incomplete zones as time permits.
- Leaves must not be raked in the street, in the gutter-line, on the sidewalks, around parked cars, or around fire hydrants.
- Leaves must not obstruct drainage structures, catch basins, mailboxes, sidewalks, or guy wires.
- Leaves must be free of limbs, rocks, tires, wheels, household trash, or other debris that can damage equipment or cause injury.
- Leaves will be picked up on the street or alley the residence faces.
- Leaves will not be picked up within privately owned trailer parks, on private property, in subdivision outside the city limits, or on the premises of businesses.
- Scott Waste Management will pick up bagged leaves on your regular garbage pickup day.
- Leaf piles that contain junk and/or debris such as tree limbs, trash, discarded household or garage items, etc. will not be picked up because those items may cause an injury to personnel or cause damage the equipment.
- If we intentionally do not pick up your leaves, we will place an ORANGE door hanger on your door explaining the reason why your leaves were not picked up along with a contact number.
Important Dates for 2015 Leaf Season
Begin testing equipment and taking individual pickup requests from citizens.
November 2 (Tentative)
Leaf Season zone pickup begins starting in Zone 5. Individual request pickups discontinued on this date.
November 26 - 27
No leaf pickup due to Thanksgiving Holiday
December 24 - 25
No leaf pickup due to Christmas Holiday
Daily leaf pickup by zone officially ends
January 4 - January 31
Leaf pickup resumes on a call-in basis (270-393-3333). Pickup will also be accomplished as needed to re-establish free drainage.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.