Photo Contest: We are Bowling Green
Photographers of all ages are invited to submit their best high-resolution images celebrating our community in the inaugural City of Bowling Green Photography Contest. This contest will be held from April 1, 2018 to April 30th 2018. Entering is easy, free, and can be done by uploading your photo to our website.
For more information contact Kim Lancaster at 270-393-3642 or email@example.com.
The mission of the contest is to celebrate the City of Bowling Green, therefore all photos entered must be taken within Bowling Green and Warren County. Photos taken of locations, not within the Bowling Green/Warren County area will be disqualified, as well as low-resolution images that cannot be well reproduced in printed materials. For best results, please be sure to set your camera or smartphone settings at the highest possible resolution. Each participant may submit up to three photos.
There are two ways to win:
- People's Choice by online votes (one overall winner); and
- Judges' Choice by visual art professionals (first, second and third). All Judges decisions will be final.
Participants should select images that best depict Bowling Green’s beautiful environment, active people, and vibrant community life. This includes but is not limited to sky, parks, rivers, wildlife, cityscapes, landmarks, people participating in sports and arts, or special events, and other activities. All contest entries are eligible to be featured in citywide print and electronic media publication with photo credit. Any contestant who submits photos of people or property must have written consent from that person or property owner (example: if you photograph a corvette you must have owners consent). 2018 photos may be used in the 2018 Annual Report or 2019 Calendar.
No compensation will be made other than the prizes listed.
People's Choice winners and the professional Judges' Choices will be announced in late spring or early summer on social media as well as by email.
- First place overall in People’s Choice and in Judges Choice will receive a $100 gift certificate to B&H Photo & Video.
- Second place Judge’s Choice will receive a $75 gift certificate to B&H Photo & Video
- Third place Judges Choice will receive a $25 gift certificate to B&H Photo & Video.
Winning images will be displayed online at www.bgky.org, on the City’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and in City Hall.
Entries labeled "disqualified" are ineligible for selection because they do not meet sufficiently high resolution for print publication and reproduction. These images (if available at high resolution) may be resubmitted for next year's contest if the photographer so desires.
People's Choice (Online Voting)
Contestants and members of the public are invited to cast their votes online to select the “People’s Choice” awards for the photo contest during May 2018.
All participants will be notified by email that voting is "open." Other members of the public wishing to vote can access the ballot via survey monkey and opening voting will be publicized via social media.
Eligible images must meet the following requirements:
JPG or PNG format
- Image must be between 3 MB (minimum) and 10 MB (maximum) in size
- If image is taken with a digital camera or phone, it must be at least 8MP (mega-pixels)
- If an image is digitally scanned, it must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi (dots per inch).
These requirements will ensure that your photo will be able to be printed as an 8 x 10 without a loss of quality. Please be sure to set your camera or smartphone settings at the highest possible resolution for best results.
Please submit the image only. Do not embed captions, words, watermarks or photographer's name on the image. The City will add the photographer's photo credit to any image it uses using a standard format.
Entering is easy and free! Limit: up to 3 entries per contestant. Upload your photo at the following link.
Each submission will require the following information:
- Caption for photo
- Valid email
- Location of photo
By submitting entries, the contestant acknowledges and agrees to all of the terms of the contest ENTRY AGREEMENT (read terms below). The contestant also acknowledges that the work is their own and they are 18 years or older or that they are the parent or legal guardian of the minor submitting this photo.
In submitting the attached photo(s) (PHOTO) to the City of Bowling Green (CITY) and participating in the City of Bowling Green Photo Contest I (we), (CONTESTANT), hereby warrant and agree to the following:
- CONTESTANT warrants to CITY that he/she has lawful ownership rights to the PHOTO and acknowledges that once submitted, the PHOTO becomes the property of the CITY.
- The PHOTO is the result of CONTESTANT'S sole artistic efforts unless otherwise stated above as a collaboration.
- Except as otherwise disclosed in writing to CITY in this submittal form, the PHOTO is unique and original and does not infringe upon any copyright or patent.
- The PHOTO is free and clear of any lien. Except for title and possession, CONTESTANT will retain the copyright and all other rights in and to the PHOTO. The CONTESTANT grants to CITY an irrevocable and non-exclusive worldwide license to reproduce, to distribute, and/or to display two- or three-dimensional reproductions of the PHOTO in any manner whatsoever relating to any CITY publication or event, including, without limitation:
- Public display as well as reproduction on CITY items, such as print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, television programs and the City website.
- In addition, the CITY will include CONTESTANT'S name somewhere on the document where the photo is used.
- The CITY may alter images of the PHOTO as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes.
- The CITY may use the PHOTO on CITY merchandise and commercial items such as a calendar which may be sold for fundraising purposes.
CONTESTANT agrees to release CITY, its agents, officials, employees, and volunteers from and against all liability, including copyright, trademark, or patent infringement claims or causes of action, arising out of this Agreement and claims arising from CONTESTANT'S participation in the City of Bowling Green Photo Contest. CONTESTANT agrees to defend (with counsel satisfactory to CITY), indemnify and hold the City, its agents, officials, employees and volunteers harmless and free from all liability, arising out of CONTESTANT'S participation or association with the City of Bowling Green Photo Contest. CONTESTANT agrees to pay all costs incident to any claim, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees. I agree that the above information is correct. I further agree that this agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Kentucky.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.