Code Enforcement protects the health, welfare and safety of our citizens by actively preventing deterioration in our communities. Maintenance of streets and neighborhoods makes Bowling Green the best place to raise families and work productively.
Objective of Code Enforcement Officers is to achieve code compliance in our neighborhoods by exposing property maintenance violations. Substandard structures, improper signage, traffic and parking nuisances pose a threat to sanitary conditions and quality of our neighborhoods.
Maintenance standards include:
- Fire Safety
- Other Common Violations
Violations may be reported online, by phone or be exposed by regular target inspections and roaming by Code Enforcement Officers.
Code Enforcement may receive Orders to:
- Repair/Demolish Substandard Structures
- Inoperable Vehicle, Debris or Eye Sore Removal
- Cut Overgrown Weeds, Shrubbery or Lawns
- Inspection of Section 8 Rental Properties
- Apply Fines pursuant to Code Enforcement Board Final Orders.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.