What is NaturalizeBG?
NaturalizeBG is a pilot program sponsored by the City of Bowling Green that aims at increasing opportunities for Legal Permanent Residents living in the City of Bowling Green who face economic obstacles to becoming naturalized U.S. citizens.
Who Can Apply?
Any United States Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) “green card holder” who is eligible for U.S. Citizenship, is a resident of the City of Bowling Green and meets certain income requirements. Applicant must qualify for the reduced filing fee of $320. For eligibility details and filing instructions, see Form I-942, Request for Reduced Fee (applicants with family incomes greater than 150 percent and not more than 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines) and Form N-400, Application for Naturalization on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website at www.uscis.gov.
What will NaturalizeBG program cover?
This program is reimbursement based, meaning you must pay for the application and biometric services fee, and then receive reimbursement for approved expenses from the City of Bowling Green.
- The scholarship will only cover the cost of applying for U.S. citizenship, it will cover the N-400 reduced application fee due to USCIS of $320, plus biometric Services Fee = $85, a total of $405.
- The scholarship WILL NOT pay for legal or attorney fees incurred in the preparation of the citizenship application.
How many scholarships will be awarded?
The City of Bowling Green will award twelve (12) scholarships between November 15, 2017 and June 30, 2018. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Scholarships will be awarded until funds are exhausted.
What are the Conditions?
- To be eligible to apply for program funds, applicant must provide copy of Form I-797 Notice of Action received from USCIS after submitting the N-400 and I-942 with scholarship application.
- Funds will not be made available unless a copy of the Certificate of Naturalization is provided.
- Applicant must provide documentation of fee payment (copy of check, bank statement, etc). The City will then reimburse applicant for cost of submitting the N-400 + biometrics, it will not reimburse for attorney and/or preparer fees.
- The City of Bowling Green reserves the right to decline any application and change any requirements/guidelines. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By accepting funds from the City of Bowling Green, you authorize the City to take and use photos in promotional materials and publications.
For more information please contact Leyda Becker, International Communities Liaison, by phone (270-393-3766) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.