Which Type of Business/Occupational License Do You Need?
Does your business located within the city limits either:
- Own their business site in the City
- Have a valid lease for their properly zoned business site for a period of over six (6) uninterrupted months
- Involve regular or routine visits to an established customer base within the City
- Are you a *General Contractor working inside the City?
Please read the instructions and complete the City Business Registration Form. Cash bond requirement information will be covered in a later step.
This Business Registration will set up your account for the filing of applicable City Employee Withholding Taxes and Net Profit License Fees. For local information on home-based business compliance issues please contact the Planning & Zoning Department. Contractors must contact the Bowling Green-Warren County Contractor’s Licensing Board.
If your operations are considered transient, please continue to review the required permits.
* Definition: General Contractor shall mean and include any person who performs or subcontracts with two or more distinct trades for the construction, remodeling, repair, or improvement of commercial, industrial and residential buildings, including accessory structures, or as a general building contractor, and any person engaged in the construction, alteration or repair of buildings or other structures, or sidewalk or street pavements. Coverage includes, but is not limited to, general contractors, construction managers, home builders, and remodelers. A home owner building or remodeling a structure for that person's private use is not a general contractor unless that person secures three or more building permits in a period of two years or less.