Following Finance - Fall 2015
Oct 7, 2015
We are pleased to present the first "Following Finance" newsletter for the Fall of 2015! This newsletter will be used to communicate important information to employees involved in financial processes and will be published about every 3 months.
Highlights This Issue:
- Revised Travel Form effective 10/1/15 that includes section 3-4.7 of the Personnel Policy and Procedures
- Senior Managers must confirm if each travel is subject to section 3-4.7
- Direct Deposit Form has been updated to inform those making payroll bank changes after 10/1/15 that employee reimbursements paid with an AP invoice will be deposited to primary payroll bank account
- Any current bank information on file with AP will ONLY be changed if AP is notified or a direct deposit change is made
- All new vendors and changes to existing vendors must be processed through NWS Vendor Change Request effective 10/1/15
Please contact me with any suggestions for future editions or any other feedback.
Erin Ballou, CMA, CPFO
Assistant Chief Financial Officer
City of Bowling Green
1017 College Street
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101
OPEN ENROLLMENT NOW AVAILABLE ON THE HR PORTAL
Oct 1, 2015
Open enrollment is now available on the HR Portal. All instructions and forms are listed on the HR Portal and included in the 2016 Employee Benefits Guide. The guide was handed out at this year’s health & wellness fair or delivered to your department. If you have any questions please contact me. My information is provided below. I will be out of the office from 10/5 -10/9. Any open enrollment questions/issues during this time will be addressed when I return. Open Enrollment deadline is October 31, 2015.
Employee Newsletter (October)
Sep 30, 2015
The Employee Newsletter for the month of October is now available on the CLICK.
Results of Fiscal Year 2015 Internal Services Employee Survey
Aug 17, 2015
THANK YOU to everyone who participated and shared your comments in the fifth annual Internal Services Employee Survey. For those who chose not to participate this year, please consider providing feedback during next year's process. There were approximately 662 surveys distributed (based on the number of FT & PT employees on staff as of July 31, 2015) and 133 responses collected, providing a 20.1% response rate. Unfortunately, this year's efforts did not yield the best response rate as compared to past years. Without your input, it is difficult to gage the City's overall customer service performance.
Nevertheless, the information gathered will be used in conjunction with our quarterly/annual performance measurement reporting as well as in our efforts to continually improve internal customer satisfaction. The results of the survey are available for your review and reference. (Results)
Additionally, a comparison of responses over the past few years has been updated to show those areas which perform well and those areas still needing further improvement. Each category was given a grade point, and the cumulative scores for FY15 identify all but two of the areas as ranking "good" or better. Custodial/cleaning and repair/maintenance continue to rank low and reflect a considerable decline from the previous year, and ultimately receiving their lowest scores to date. This year's highest score goes to Video Production/Print Design Services, which also received the most notable improvement over the previous year's score. (Scores)
Your dedication and service to the City of Bowling Green, and especially to your fellow co-workers is very much appreciated. Thank you again for your time and consideration.
Assistant City Manager/City Clerk
City of Bowling Green
PO Box 430
1001 College Street
Bowling Green, KY 42102-0430
Employee Appreciation Picnic
Aug 13, 2015
Save the date for exciting fun for the entire family! The City of Bowling Green's Employee Appreciation Picnic will be held on August 29, 2015 at the Russell Sims Aquatic Center.
- FREE Entry into the Park for the IMMEDIATE FAMILY (spouse, children of the employee, or a guest)
- Park Hours: 10:30am - 8:30pm
- Family activities throughout the day
- Free dinner served at 6:00pm
- Dinner Menu: Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, baked beans, cole slaw, or choose from the RSA Concession Stand options as well.
- More information available soon!