With spring right around the corner, the City of Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Department has lots of activities and programs planned. From parties to arts and crafts; and gardening to sports; we have something for everyone. Visit us at www.bgky.org to learn more about all of the great events and programs below!
Parker-Bennett Community Center (270) 393-3691
• St. Patty’s Day Party
o Make sure you wear your green when you come out and celebrate with us. There will be food, music, games, and prizes.
o Date: March 17
o Time: 4:30 – 5:30 pm
o Ages: 5 – 13 years old
o Fee: Free
F.O. Moxley Community Center (270) 393-3734
• Senior Adult Crafts
o Monthly crafts from Now thru May on the second Wednesday of each month at Hospitality House Housing Authority and second Thursday of each month at Community Action Center.
o Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
o Cost: Free
o Ages: Senior Adults
• Pickle Ball
o A lively racket game for all ages and abilities. Pickle-ball was created with one thing in mind: fun. It was designed to be easy to learn and play whether you’re five, eighty-five, or somewhere in between.
o Season Dates: Now – March 31
o Days Played: Tuesdays and Thursdays
o Time: 12:30 – 2:30 pm
o Fee: $2 annual registration fee
o Fee: Free
• Kid’s Corner
o Watch movies, play board games, ping pong, pool, and foosball. Join us every Saturday for lots of fun!
o Dates: Every Saturday, Now – March 19
o Time: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
o Ages: 8 – 15 years old
o Fee: Free
• Spring Break Camp for Kids
o Enjoy fun, games, arts & crafts, music, dance, and a field trip.
o Registration Dates: March 1 – 31
o Camp Dates: April 4 – 8
o Time: 7:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday
o Ages: 5 – 13 years (5 year olds must be attending full-day Kindergarten)
o Fee: $40 weekly fee, $35 fee-waiver, $15 afterschool attendees. Includes arts & crafts, snack, and field trip. LUNCH NOT PROVIDED!
Aquatics (270) 393-3606
• Discount season passes make a great FAMILY gift. The early bird season pass sale is going on now thru May 2, 2016. Passes can be purchased at BGPR, 225 E. Third Avenue, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
Administration (270) 393-3249
• Shelter Rentals
o We are now accepting reservations. Our office is open Monday thru Friday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm. Park shelters are available for rental between the hours of 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. Shelters are not available prior to the scheduled time. Clean up should begin prior to the end of the rental time and the space must be completely vacated at the end of the rental period. Shelters are available from March 15 – October 31.
o Rentals are made on a first-come, first-served basis and are non-refundable. Facility is not reserved until payment is received.
2016 Gardens at Kereiakes Park will be sold beginning Tuesday, March 15 at 8:30am in the Parks Administrative lobby.
Garden plots are available at Kereiakes Park
1220 Fairview Avenue, Bowling Green, KY 42101
• Full Plot (30’x60′): $20 each
• Small Plot (30’x30′): $15 each
The Parks and Recreation Department Shall:
• Plow, disk and mark off gardens.
• Gardens are now ready.
• Mow all gardens that have weed growth of 24 inches or more.
• Not assume any responsibility for theft from gardens.
The Gardeners Shall:
• Application is good for current season and must reapply annually. Limit: 2 gardens per household/address.
• Obey all city, state, and federal laws, statutes, ordinances, and policies.
• Produce harvested from the gardens may NOT be sold on city property. Anyone selling on city property without a permit/license will be subject to fines and/or court costs.
• Maintain the garden in good condition.
• Notify Parks & Recreation if he/she decides not to use the garden.
• Have everything removed from the gardens by November 7th. The gardens will be plowed under for the winter.
• Do not remove and/or move the stakes.
• Be considerate of your neighbor.
Click here for Map of 2016 Garden Plots
Click here for 2016 Community Garden Application