The Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Department is pleased to announce the receipt of the following awards/recognitions:
• Kentucky's Outstanding Parks and Recreation Department from the Kentucky Recreation and Parks Society for Class 1 (large) departments having more than 16 full time workers.
• Alliance Award received from the Kelly Autism Program for "forging school-to-work opportunities for people with disabilities." We employed a member of their program as a counselor at Camp Happy Days.
• 2006 Arts and Humanities Program Award given by the Kentucky Recreation and Park Society for our support of the Kaleidoscope Program (one of three arts and humanities awards given)
• Presidential Citation awarded to Paul Correa, Sports/Wellness Division Manager for support of the Kentucky Recreation and Park Society as recognized by its president.
• Service Recognition Award given to Karen Singleton, Assistant Director by the Kentucky Recreation and Park Society for recognition for over 27 years of service.
For more information, contact Ernie Gouvas, at the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (270) 393-3606.